It appears that the Haverhill, Mass based company continues the process of exiting out of the Checker Parts business. Owner Steve Contarino posted on Facebook an advertisement for a Checker Aerobus. Many may remember Mr. Contarino, as the man who bombastically told the world in 2015 that he was going to restart Checker Marathon production.
As we approach 2021 its been almost six years since the announcement and Checker fans worldwide still eagerly await the official introduction. Don’t hold your breath. A recent review of Contarino’s website identified only 17 Checker parts still for sale. The following is a list of parts currently for sale.
1. Under Hood Cowl Seal 20.00
2. Hood No Price
3. Chrome Side View Mirror 49.95
4. Clear Back-up Lens 29.00
5. Fender Seam w/Chrome Top 59.95
6. Fenders No Price
7. Gas Tank (New) 700.00
8. Poly-Carbonate Chromed Grille 299.00
9. Rear Quarter, Outer No Price
10. Red Tail Light Lens 22.00
11. Replica Front Hood Emblem 85.00
12. Rocker Panels 120″ wheelbase 499.95
13. Unleaded Fuel Only Decal 8.00
14. Vent shade Deflectors 139.00
15. 2-1/2” Checker Motor Cars Emblems 39.00
16. Windshield Gasket 175.00
17. Gas Shocks 114.00
Mr Contarino is several thousand parts short of the actual full inventory needed to build a new Checker. It’s interesting to note that many of the parts listed above are priced far above current market values.
Since failing to introduce a new Checker, Mr. Contarino has been selling cars and parts to reduce his investment. According to Mr. Contarino ” We have this one with a complete new paint job for $2500.00 Needs to be completed”
For details please find the contact information below.
45 Research Drive,
Haverhill, MA 01832
Phone: Inside U.S. 866-223-1832
Outside U.S. 978-222-3158