The Ford PDC Employee Truck and Car Show is an official Ford Motor Company-sponsored classic vehicle show and continues to provide a fun and educational experience for employees, retirees, and supplier personnel, as well as selected invited guests. The show is famous for its variety and historically-significant display of theme-related vehicles – from multi-million dollar prototypes and rare classics to more pedestrian vehicles, all in a respectful and intimate environment. We also collaborate with other organizations and clubs to arrange for participant vehicles.
Checker friend and fan Michael DeRoch has put out the call for Checkers! Michael has participated at this show and highly recommends it as well run and fun event (Michael’s Checker Header Photo). This is a significant event and consistently receives national attention. According to Michael, David Glickman would love to see more Checkers at this well established event. So let’s see if we can meet the Glickman challenge. I am sending in my application today!
Here’s a little more about the event from Mr. Glickman
Hi Ford Product Development Past Participant or Supporter, It’s that time – registration for the 2018 PDC Employee Truck and Car Show is here!
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS HAS CHANGED THIS YEAR – EVEN IF YOU ARE A REGULAR PARTICIPANT, PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE NOTICE AND SUBMIT ALL THE REQUESTED INFORMATION.
WHEN: FRIDAY, JULY 20, 2018 – RAIN OR SHINE!
TIME: 6:30AM: FIRST PARTICIPANT VEHICLES WILL BE ADMITTED
8:30AM: LAST PARTICIPANT VEHICLES WILL BE ADMITTED – NO VEHICLES ADMITTED AFTER THIS TIME
12:45PM: FREE PARTICIPANT RAFFLE (ESTIMATE TIME) – NO VEHICLES CAN LEAVE THE SHOW UNTIL THE COMPLETION OF THE RAFFLE
5:00PM: SHOW ENDS – VEHICLES ARE WELCOME TO STAY UNTIL THIS TIME
WHERE: NORTH SIDE OF ROTUNDA BETWEEN OAKWOOD BOULEVARD AND MILITARY STREET – FRONTAGE OF FORD PDC BUILDINGS 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5
GPS USE: 20100 ROTUNDA DRIVE, DEARBORN, MICHIGAN
ENTRANCE WILL ONLY OCCUR FROM DEDICATED NORTH LANE FROM WESTBOUND ROTUNDA DRIVE (MAPS AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT TO CONFIRMED PARTICIPANT VEHICLE OWNERS)
For 2018, we are postponing our planned theme and, once again, we are planning an “open” show like 2017. As always, all makes and models are welcome and we will continue to limit entries to achieve our usual wide variety of brands and vehicle types. We also are planning a limited amount of special displays, a regular feature of our show. As usual, we park by vehicle class – clubs should contact Dave Glickman (DGLICKM1@FORD.COM) for potential group parking if the same vehicle class. We expect up to 750 vehicles and thousands of spectators from Dearborn and across the US and Canada, and our usual amenities will be continued:
– No entry fee for participants and spectators
– Complementary goodie bag and dash plaques for all participant vehicle owners
– Complementary 11”x17” personalized calendar of each vehicle entered
– $5 all-inclusive hamburger or hot dog lunch (pending confirmation)
– Live music with DJ
– Free participant raffle after lunch
– Free shuttle service within the PD Campus to and from the show site
– Classes include, but are not restricted to, the following: Pre-War, Post-War (Ford, GM, Chrysler/AMC/Independents), Imports, Trucks, Tractors, Mustang/Cougar, Motorcycles, Wagons, Special (varies by year)
REGISTRATION: Our database system software is transitioning this year and next. Therefore, registration for all participants is VIA E-MAIL ONLY! REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MAY 15, 2018. ABSOLUTELY NO ENTRY TO THE SHOW WITHOUT A CONFIRMED REGISTRATION (I.E., A RETURN EMAIL FROM US TO YOU CONFIRMING YOUR REGISTRATION) – NEW REGISTRATIONS OR UNREGISTERED VEHICLES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT THE SHOW.
Registrations are subject to acceptance – YOUR VEHICLE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED ACCEPTED IF WE DO NOT CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION VIA EMAIL OR PHONE CALL. Please send registration requests to DGLICKM1@FORD.COM with the following mandatory information for each entry:
– Submodel / Trim level
– Full mailing address
– Phone number
– Email address
– One accurate picture of the current appearance of your vehicle
Registrations can only be accepted if all above information is received. All registrations MUST be received by MAY 15, 2018 to be considered.
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY:
– All active and retired employees, supplier personnel, and supplemental/agency are eligible to participate.
– All prior invited participants and those receiving invitations are eligible and welcome to participate.
– PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER A VEHICLE YOU DO NOT INTEND TO BRING TO BE FAIR TO OTHER VEHICLE OWNERS AND OUR VOLUNTEERS WHO PROCESS AND ASSIGN REGISTERED VEHICLES.
– Registration is for the VEHICLE, not the OWNER. If the vehicle will not participate, please send a note to DGLICKM1@FORD.COM. Consideration of a substitute vehicle for a vehicle registration prior to the deadline may be considered if you receive another confirmation via email – please do not bring a vehicle without confirmation!
– We typically receive 250 to 350 submissions during the first week of registration alone – please send your request(s) as soon as possible, especially if the vehicle(s) is (are) considered to be part of one of our more popular classes, to avoid your vehicle(s) to be potentially placed on our waiting list.
– Please do not hesitate to ask questions – please send toDGLICKM1@FORD.COM
Thank you for your support of our show!
FORM More information about the show, here’s a report from Ford
FORD PERFORMANCE PHOTOS / ISAAC IRELAND
When and where will pictures be posted from this years show on July 20th 2018 ?
unfortunately only one Checker showed up to the registered only show