First Annual Southwest Checker Cab Cruise In April 12 – 15, 2018 Sponsored by: The Internet Checker Taxicab Archive Itinerary, benefitting The Disabled American Veterans Chapter 16 in Prescott Arizona.
DATE TIME EVENT / LOCATION
4/12 1:00pm – 5:00pm Early arrivals and motel check in.
Site A: Apple Creek Cottages (928) 445-7321 1001 White Spar Rd. Prescott, AZ 86303
Site B: Days Inn at Ponderosa Pines (928) 778-5770 1290 White Spar Rd. Prescott, AZ 86303
5:00pm – ? Guided driving tour of Prescott in Walt’s cab. Prescott history and fun facts. Disclaimer: Walt has 13 grandchildren and has been known to make stuff up.
4/13 10:00 am – 11:00 am Guided tour of the Historic Elks Theater (928) 777-1370 117 E. Gurley St. #115, Prescott, AZ 86301 firstname.lastname@example.org,www.prescottelkstheater.co
4/13 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm Guided tour of Sharlot Hall Museum (928) 445-3122 415 W. Gurley St. Prescott, AZ 86301 www.sharlot.org Tour price is $8.00 each.
6:00pm – ? DAV 16 hosted dinner party at: Prescott Brewing Company (928) 771-2795 130 W. Gurley St. Prescott, AZ 86301
Free time After party at: Jersey Lilly’s Saloon (928) 541-7854
Jersey Lilly’s is one of our sponsors for this event and will be offering specials to show participants.
4/14 6:00 am – 8:00 am Staging of vehicles for the show on Cortez St. from Goodwin St. to Gurley St. Please enter from the Goodwin St. (south) side and Checkers should fill in the center of the block first, leaving space for the live broadcast booth at the Union St. intersection. There will be DAV personnel on site to direct traffic.
9:00am – 2:00pm ************SHOWTIME******
Live broadcast by KKLD, Yavapai Broadcasting (9:00-12:00) Raffle prizes donated by sponsors, 50/50 drawings, T-shirts and more all day. (T-shirts free to show participants)
1:00pm – 2:00 pm Official awards presentation for: Best Checker in show, Worst Checker in show, Best overall in show, all determined by popular vote.
4/14 5:00 pm – 7:00pm Site A courtyard. Unofficial awards presentation, barbecue, live band. 4/15 9:00am – ? Wish Daniel Smith a Happy Birthday!! Spanking is optional but be warned, he’ll probably like it. Informal brunch and snacks at: Doughboy Auto Repair (928) 778-0800 823 E. Sheldon St. Prescott, AZ 86301
I understand that some may have an early departure and will be unable to attend. For those who can it would nice to show Walt’s mechanic some appreciation for his sponsorship and excellent workmanship. Also he will see that Walt isn’t the only one who should have his head examined for owning a Checker. Departures: For those traveling on the Arizona Shuttle to the airport, there is a pick-up location at Yavapai College, a short distance from Doughboy Auto.
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION
(1) Commemorative T-shirts will be provided for all show participants. We will need a list of names and sizes before 1/15/18. Extras will be available for purchase at the show.
(2) Accommodations: We need to fill up Site A first, as this allows our group rate and use of the courtyard without restrictions that would be imposed due to non-participating guests. We will need a firm count of attendees by 12/15/17. We will keep a loose hold on one extra room at each site for any late arrivals, but I can’t guarantee availability or rates. Official reservations are for the nights of 4/13 and 4/14, early arrivals will receive the group rate for 4/12. It looks like Site A will be priced at $90.00 to $99.00 per night depending on the room. Site B should run about $70.00 per night. I will have these prices confirmed by booking time.
(3) Transportation: We will provide transportation as needed to all scheduled events. For non-scheduled events, should you need transportation, please call Classic Taxi at (928) 277-4416, or Prescott Yellow Cab at (928) 777-8294.
(4) Airport Transportation: There are two options should you choose to fly in. At Sky Harbor in Phoenix, you can take Arizona Shuttle to Prescott for about $40.00. (928) 442-1000, www.arizonashuttle.com, 24hr reservations at (800) 888-2749. Second option, for the more adventurous type, you can fly directly into Prescott Airport (KPRC) from Los Angeles (LAX) on Great Lakes Airlines. With either option, let Walt know your arrival time in Prescott and he will provide ground transportation to your hotel.
(5) Special needs: If anyone has any special needs for accommodations or transportation, please let Walt know.
(6) Vehicles: For those towing vehicles to the show, there is limited space available at the hotels. Parking for tow vehicles and trailers will be provided off site, please contact Walt for assistance.
(7) Contact Information: Walt Lynn, (928) 830-3652 (text accepted), 6100 E. Antelope Ln. Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, www.classytaxi.net, email@example.com. Daniel Smith, (602) 818-1831, firstname.lastname@example.org.