For sale: rare, big, and bold 1969 Checker Marathon A12E MediCar limousine model in excellent condition. Approximately 64,000 miles on a Chevy V8, 350 cu in (5.7l). Automatic. Long wheelbase. Brand new Coker wheels, new battery. No rust, lots of shiny chrome. Never a taxi. Starts great, runs great, looks great. Built from 1969-1971, the Checker MediCar was intended to accommodate those in need of space, lots and lots of it – two people can easily social-distance inside this car. Checker Motors Corporation build this durable car on a rugged X-frame, then elevated the roof by eight inches and installed wide-swing doors that open nearly 180 degrees. Less than 100 models were built. This may be the last remaining MediCar available in excellent condition. I’ve owned this car over 10 years. I believe I’m the third owner. Previous owner refurbished the plush interior for comfort. Lots of records. Clean title. Even passed Texas vehicle inspection! 50+ pictures available. Looking for a new home, preferably with an owner who has time to drive it, pamper it. $10,000 firm. Located in Austin, TX. Contact 1969CheckerMarathon@gmail.com for more information.
- Vortec Checker 4200 Update
- Checker Ambulances, Some Historical Perspective
- Checker Motors Corp. 1966 Supercab
- Top Service Wins Checker a Place in Ohio Market
- Checker Cab Manufacturing Firsts – The Retractable Roof
- STOLEN CHECKER ALERT CUSTOM BMW/CHECKER FROM QUEBEC CITY
- The National Radio Astronomy Observatory’s Checkers!
- Update from Dan Smith and Checker Parts
- Dietrich Designed Checker Limo for Bishop Fulton Sheen Update
- Mad Dog’s Strange Rolls Royce Checker