Introduced for1961 this design is essentially a A9 built for the consumer market. It also represents a higher end version of the Checker. Differences between the A9 and Superba A10 is the chrome strip that runs from the fender thru the doors. The Marathon offered higher end interior trim and a Marathon only dash board.
- Checker’s Use of Mock-ups
- 80 Years Ago Today
- Dick Thomas Checker Models
- Dan Smith Saves a Chicago Propane Car
- Wall Street Journal Article, Phillips Family Checker
- The X-Brace Frame
- 2020 Marks the 100th Aniversary of Morris Markin’s Takeover of Lomberg
- Checker Photographic Backdrops
- Boston’s Independent Taxi Owners Associtiation (ITOA), Long time Checker Customer
- Another Chicago Checker A2 Found in Finland!