Introduced for1961 this design is essentially a A9 built for the consumer market. It also represents a higher end version of the Checker. Differences between the A9 and Superba A10 is the chrome strip that runs from the fender thru the doors. The Marathon offered higher end interior trim and a Marathon only dash board.
- Checker Cab Executives, Never Too Far From Violence
- Coronado, California Gets Its First New Checker Cab Police Car
- TOWN CAR TAXIS AND THE CHECKER MODEL K OF THE 1920’s by Michael Angelich
- Checker Cabs, A Symbol Of Freedom
- Checker Cab Model A11 Taxicab Sold for $99,000!!!
- Coming Home to Seattle
- The Golden Anniversary Checker Wagon by Connie Powers
- The Checker Model A8 Six and Eight Door Limos by Doug Klauck
- 1972 Checker Marathon Win at Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance
- Day 3 European Checker Cab 100th Anniversary Show
Hi there, i am interested in purchasing the checker marathon vehicle, A9 produced in 1961 model if it’s available.thank you.